Monday, October 20, 2014

REBLOG MY SELFIE

a.k.a- my emotional experience with the kindness of people with whom I have known for a maximum of a month.

I am often asked what my motivation for transferring schools half way through high school was. More times than not I complain about how my previous school was not the right fit for me or how I rather disliked the lack of diversity among my peers, but the straw that broke the camel's back was a sense of societal isolation.

My mentality for my representation among my peers is, "If people think I'm a loser, they would be right." So I'm not hugely concerned about what others think of me, but it's always nice to know that I matter.

And to my great surprise, I have found that I have felt more connected to my classmates than ever, despite me knowing these people for a meager 2 months versus the 13 years my other classmates and I shared.

The situation is kind of like finding the right fit of dress. You've gotta try on a helluva lot of dresses  before you find that amazing one.

Of course what does any of this have to do with selfies? Well on my tumblr (FOLLOW MY TUMBLR IT IS QUALITY) today I posted a selfie because yes. To my great (and somewhat expected) surprise (as I went to many people and told them feverishly that reblogging my selfie is of utmost importance) I found several reblogs with super nice comments in the tag which just absolutely made my day.

Okay so what's the point with this diary-entry of a blog post that seems to really be most like an emotional gushing.

Well, I personally think that this drives the point home that you need to do a lot of searching before you're going to find what's right for you. I had always thought I would have graduated from Xavier with flying colors no big deal, but all of a sudden my life took a sudden turn and it turned out to be great for me.

Change is more times than not, super terrifying, but it can also lead to some pretty fantastic things too. It takes a lot of bravery to change something in your life, but if you feel like it's needed, take the risk! If all else fails, you've made it this far already, who's to say you can go even further?

Also, never underestimate the power of honest people. There is always going to be at least one person in your life who will leave nice tags on your selfie when they reblog it.

That's the end of my soap-box speech, back to your regularly-scheduled Pokemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment