Sunday, September 14, 2014

Mega Sharpedo and Camerupt

With Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire right on the horizon we are receiving more and more exciting news as each and every day passes, and I could not be more excited about Mega Sharpedo and Camerupt. Seriously, this is awesome.


As with any new mega Pokémon there are a lot of new possibilities in the casual and competitive gameplay field. As for Mega Camerupt, the addition of sheer force and stat increases in all but speed makes Camerupt a formidable tank on the battle field. This in coordination with STAB attacks and a life orb or maybe even a choice band will create crazy attack power that will challenge even some of the best tanks.

Some of my fondest memories of Camerupt are from the Pokémon Ranger series and the very first game from it, the original Pokémon Ranger. Although the game had it's good share of flaws and was by no means perfect, my young 3rd grade self loved it, especially the Go-Rock Quads. I thought they were probably the coolest people ever and when they made cameos in the later games as the neutral guys; I was so happy.



In particular I loved Tiffany because girl power. The mini boss with her Camerupt was one of the fonder moments of the game. I'd like to see the other members of the Go-Rock Quad get megas for their specialty Pokémon too (mega scizor anyone?).

With all Mega Camerupt has going for it, what could ever go wrong? Perhaps how ABSOLUTLY RIDICULOUS IT LOOKS. There is little to nothing intimidating about this walking hunk of rock. It is a cone with cute little stumpy legs and I LOVE IT. I want 20 of them, but jeez I sure hope they make this friend available to catch in the wild. I will be thoroughly upset if that isn't the case.




What is cooler than a shark? Nothing. Mega shark. Awesome. With a boost to all stats and the ability strong jaws Sharpedo isn't as competitive-fit as Camerupt, but will still be a very great well-rounded attacker in casual gameplay as well as potential competitive usage.
Back onto the subject of Pokemon Ranger, holy HELL I hate Sharpedo. In Pokémon Ranger Shadows of Almia there was no greater torture than the SHARPEDO SEGMENT.

As a young'in I spent so much of my time just trying WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT to get past this aggravating excuse for a difficult segment. I mean it sure left an impact on me, but after that moment in my life I could never see Sharpedo the same.

However Sharpedo holds another special place in my heart from a spin-off game as well. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Sky/Darkness has to be my favorite game of all time just for plot reasons. It has a plot that no game has ever touched my heart on such a level since. After a recent re-analysis of the game I realize that the plot, music, and art is really the only mechanic this game has going for it, but none the less I cannot get over how amazing Sharpedo Bluffs look in the game. (Spoiler) The addition of living there after you complete your apprenticeship at the guild is just so awesome, the joy cannot be contained.

There is a lot of potential with these brand new megas and I can't wait until the Team Magma and Team Aqua boss battles so I can crush these darlings into the ground!

Sources: 
http://frentebatalla.com/imagenes/ranger2/artworkshistoria/005.png
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/3f3VhFPL3ok/hqdefault.jpg


1 comment: