Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Can't We All Just Love Happiny?



There is no greater love in this world than what I have for baby pokemon. From Bonsley to Whnaut I always ask myself "Why not" when it comes to raising these darling bubbie bloob babies. Although all baby pokemon are equal in the eyes of statistics, there is an obvious favoritism that any one fan may have. We all have a favorite baby pokemon, stated or not, but I think we can all agree.

It's totally not Mime Junior.

Woah no I am just kidding, but in reality I think most people tend to favor Togepi due to the relations to both the anime and the original few games. Togepi was the original baby pokemon, and the one who started the trend. With each generation there is usually a few opportunities to encounter and raise baby pokemon. From Wynaut in Gen 3 to a whole hoard of babies available in Gen 4, there's practically no chance that a pokemon fan can go without encountering one of these darling dames.

My very first encounter with a baby pokemon was in my first game itself, Pokemon Diamond and my Happiny. I distinctly remember the anticipation and excitement as to what my egg acquired from that one fat guy in Hearthome City could contain. I waited patiently for my egg to hatch, and BAM I GOT HAPPINY. At the time I had no idea what Happiny was, how to get it to evolve, but all I knew was that I was going to make this baby a CONTEST QUEEN. So I went to work, cooking up a poffin storm and getting this bae all of the cute and strong ribbons I could. Eventually my 3rd-grade skill cap was reached and I had to move on with my regular adventure as the difficulty of the contests outreached my abilities. As previously stated, I had no idea how to evolve Happiny so this baby was quickly replaced on my team with a Quagsire from the safari zone, but she'll always hold a special place in my heart.

It is almost impossible not to form an emotional bond with your first baby pokemon. Raised from an egg to a sufficient member of your team, or your heart, we all have a favorite. Baby pokemon are amazing, and even though not very strong, they have a purpose beyond battle, and that is a connection to the game.

Source- http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment