Monday, September 29, 2014

Pokemon Contests

From very humble beginnings, Pokemon Contests have come far in their time. From their conception in Hoenn all the way to the brand new 3D Contests coming in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, contests are always a very fun side-quest sort of task in the games.

My very first contest memories are from the anime. With coordinators like May (who just happened to have almost all my favorite Pokemon on her team at the time, probably not a coincidence) how could I not love contests? They were the perfect mix of girly and full of pokemon. I wanted almost nothing more in life than to show off my pokemon in a contest setting, or at least use them to make a lot of sparkles; sparkles are the best.

Hearthome City Contest Hall


So I was very surprised and VERY happy to find that once I found my way to Hearthome City in Pokemon Diamond, I could become a coordinator myself! So I set out to be the very best like no one ever was and never ever even leave Hearthome City. Of course my younger self was just horrible at making poffins and using strategic tactics to win the contests, so I never made it past the Master Rank.

Much to my young dismay, Contests were put on the backburner in pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver to make room for the pokeathelon. If anything the pokeathelon probably had more fun minigames, but I still craved for the Super Contests of my pokemon debut.

Cue OMEGA RUBY ALPHA SAPHIRE CONTESTS.



Now we have the promise of something new, something amazing, something so cute and so contest filled we can't say no! With the brand new revamped contests who knows what they'll add to the scene?! 
Will we still be able to dress up our pokemon like Super Contests?
Will the performance portion still contain strategic tendencies?
Will they take a hint and stay as FAR AWAY FROM ANYTHING RESEMBLING POKEMON SOIREE??
My predictions for the new contests are they'll keep the basic format of the acting competition and add a few preliminary rounds to add to the suspense. Hopefully they'll put some effort into these games as in the recent generations they haven't put as much focus or effort into the extra side-quest games. I long for the days of the Generation 4 side questing games. *Sigh*
Only time will tell, but gosh there is so much potential and promise to the new contests I can barley contain my excitement. Heaven knows I will spend almost all my time doing contests when ORAS comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment