Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I don't know where from my fascination for abandoned structures stems. I wonder and awe at the falling apart of old buildings and places no longer inhabited by humans. It seems to be such a oddity in the world we live in which we have taken and "own" almost all of the land in the world. Due to this we must set aside land just to preserve that in which we have taken over.

With this mentality there is no surprise that we'd feel no shame in just building and abandoning something useless to us as there is plenty more land to use elsewhere.

This results in a surplus of abandoned and intriguing locations. In Iowa there are lots of abandoned consolidated school buildings, which comes as no surprise due to the fact that, gosh we have so many freaking farms and areas of sparse population.

If only it were legal to explore abandoned places, gosh dang it.

But laws weren't made not to be broken, so let's do this.

There's an assumed abandoned location right by my house and I totally want to explore it with all of my heart, and so I shall.

I'll get back to ya'll on this in a few days. Until then, stay hella.

No comments:

Post a Comment