Sunday, November 2, 2014

A Dreamer and A Do-er

I have found myself more times than not recently drifting into the realm of the unproductive sink. I spend most of my time either playing Pokemon Fire Red hacks or looking up info and dreaming about someday making and owning a tiny house.

and this is the room where I'll do all my procrastinating


With this lack of productivity, nothing could possibly make me feel worse than the beauty that is my Psych book that currently is preaching to me about productivity and how motivated people are the most successful people.

So here I am moping about and wallowing in this fact, doing nothing productive but thinking


and dreaming


and doodling


and hoping.

Yet I realize that it is in these moments, the moments in which I am imagining and doodling that I am happiest. Oh how I wish and hope that one day I could have my tiny house and if it were possible for me to be a writer or an artist (but my calling is for science) and all of these things. That moment of pure bliss extends beyond for me that which I feel when I get a great grade on a test, and it is more provocative than the moments where I forget to do my damn psych sim for the 3rd time and I'm probably going to fail my psych class.

But what can come out of being a dreamer? Where can I find my motivations and ambitions?

The answer is not so simple, in fact I really don't know it for sure yet.

My best guess is that I just have to keep dreaming and apply my dreams to become what might potentially be reality. So I dream of a tiny house, what do I need to achieve that? I want to build it myself so maybe a building class of some sort might be good. Yeah I'll do that.

But I can't make a life off of tiny house so what else? I want to go into science, it's my calling, so what field?

It's this sort of self-inquiry that will bring the dreamers to be do-ers. We  have to search ourselves and find what it takes to make our dreams come true, and then go after it. If the motivation does not exist for something even after all of this, maybe it's just not meant to be.

In short, we just gotta find our dreams, find what we need to achieve them, and do it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment