Monday, January 19, 2015

LET'S GET FUCKING PUMPED

OMG YEAH LET'S GET PUMPED. EVERYTHING IS FANTASTIC AND I AM ON TOP OF THE WORLD. THIS EUPHORIA, THIS JOY, IT CAN ONLY BE CAUSED BY ONE THING.

REALLY FANTASTIC MUSIC

Personally, I'm not really the kind of person who listens to just upbeat music. Everyone's got at least a few ballads in their list of favorite songs, I just happen to have most of mine be ballads. It's the soft folk music, the sweet serenades that really touch my heart. But at the end of the day, they don't really do a whole lot to get me pumped up. (Bro I could rave to Colorblind by Counting Crows) So that's when I have to expand my musical horizons. That's when I turn to the Uptown Funks, the Grown Oceans, the FUCKING BRIDGE AT 0:46 OF THIS SONG UGH BE STILL MY HEART

But what is it about music that just gets to people like that? Gets them up and moving and totally pumped.

I mean, the science behind this stuff is pretty great. And we can't forget the fantastic video vsauce did on music and it's nature.

But just take a minute to marvel with me on the little things, the little feelings that music instills in us that we don't even know.

When we drive in the car on our way to work or school and a fantastic heart-pounding song comes on and it brightens up the rest of our day.

When we play a new game and get to the final battle and just have to stop for a minute to appreciate the music and how fantastic it is.

At a choir concert when the singers hit that one chord, that one note that just makes you inhale and think "Damn this is what music should sound like"

When at the very same choir concert the choir sings something so moving it brings you to tears.

While making breakfast when you start to hum and don't even know it, but you realize that it's a tune from one of your favorite songs as a child; some one-hit wonder song that you can hardly remember anything about but somehow still new.

That one time a friend starting playing a song that you hadn't heard in years and you realize that you still know all of the words.

Music is fantastic and it's always the little things with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment