Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Kill Fuck Marry

It's times like these that make me think about what the great American Author, Lebron James, always says.

"A path diverged in the yellow woods, and I chose to fuck it."
-Albert Einstein


I have the social habits of a 6th grader, my favorite pastimes with friends includes making really really bad dick jokes, talking trash about other people, and playing kill fuck marry; the epitome of immature games. Kill Fuck Marry possesses the perfect cocktail of making your friends uncomfortable and being able to make some really great jokes.

Let me just toss out some ideas to get the ball rolling.

Pillsbury Dough Boy, Mrs. Buttersworth, Mr.Clean
(aka- What's in my Pantry?)
your past self, your current self, your future self
(aka- I'd fuck me)

Good Morning America Anchor George Stephanopoulos, Fox News Anchor Gregg Jarrett, CNN student news anchor Carl Azuz
(aka- big news)

Yet as funny as my inhibitions and desires are, wow am I pretty lofty with them. I know that I'll never be able to fuck Zac Effron, marry the foam shark used in filming the original Jaws, or kill the egg farmer from Napoleon Dynamite; and no amount of wiki-instructed ambition is going to change this fact. 

Yet we still have these unreachable dreams. Why?

If we look at the dearest Freudian Stages of Development  and the theories it suggests, all adulthood issues tie into how our childhood was. What if our childhood guides how goal-orientated, lofty or not, we are in the future. If it's gonna happen that way, it's gonna be in the latent period. In this time we develop our self-esteem and other super-ego based concepts are gonna be developing, and this goes aallllll the way down into our deep, dank, dark, dirty subconscious. 

So say sweet dear little Rose was told in this phase that "You can't be the president you're a girl" or told "You can totally be the president!" How is Rose going to look at the life ahead of her?

What about you, what were you told in your Latent phase? Did your parents support all you did and your ambitions, or did they yuck your yum

Wether or not you're willing to work for these dreams is another topic entirely, but I ask you, dear reader, is there anything wrong with being too ambitious? There's always the let down of when you realize these things might be unrealistic, but I think that the hope and the faith that these dreams instill in you each and ever day far outweighs the weight of disappointment. To have hope alone is a powerful thing.

“He who robs us of our dreams robs us of our life.” 
― Virginia Woolf, Orlando







No comments:

Post a Comment